Happy day after Juneteenth! Joe, Steve and James discuss the billions in subsidies the federal government gave to corporate ISPs to build out broadband and how little we received from it. We also discuss what is going on with the Pirate Party and this week’s news from a Pirate perspective. March for Trans Resistance with us on Saturday, June 25th.
- Worcester City Council votes to support police drone after months of debate about infringing on civil liberties;
- Worcester Acting City Manager Eric Batista says he won’t move forward with police drone if city council, public doesn’t want it;
- We Just Keep Throwing Billions At Telecom Monopolies In Exchange For Half-Completed, Shitty Broadband Networks;
- Why Rural Americans Keep Waiting for Fast Internet, Despite Billions Spent;
- Verizon wiring up 500K homes with FiOS to settle years-long fight with NYC;
- FCC Leadership.
Sign up to our newsletter to get notified of new events. Find us at masspirates.org.
0 comments on “Mass. Pirate News: Broadband Billions Boondoggle!”